Documents which might interest you
GENERAL TRADE TERMS:
- The prices which are given in the price list are net prices – they do not include VAT.
- The costing within 15 minutes regards translation of editable files (MS Office files) and popular language pairs (Polish-English, -German, -Russian, -Ukrainian). In other cases we put every effort to prepare the offer within 30 minutes.
- The offer concerning website translation is prepared after downloading the site and the time needed to download it does not depend on Translax.
- We serve business clients – B2B. We do not offer translation services to individual consumers.
- We begin working on the order within 24 hours since receiving a scan of signed order form – regards working days. We reserve the right to begin working on a project which has been ordered between Friday and Sunday on Monday.
- The cost and delivery time are determined individually between the Client and the Office. It is takes place by means of an order form which is delivered do the Client along with the costing.
- The exact description of the offered item or service is available in the notice/e-mail/costing form.
- In case of order withdrawal after beginning working on the project, the client is obliged to make the payment for the part of work that has been already done. The payment complies with the cost agreed upon during making an order and it is based on the given work (progress in carrying out the order).
- The agreement between the Client and the office is valid for the duration of ordered work.
- The price for all non-standard works is determined individually and a Client is informed about potential additional costs.
- A Client has to contact the office in order to determine the deadline for the project prior to the conclusion of the agreement.
- In case of translating an audio material, manuscript, software, video, multimedia or other non-standard formats, an additional charge is imposed. The Client will be informed about this charge before conclusion of the agreement between the Client and the office.
- In case of respite for payment which is used in B2B sales, failure to meet the deadline shall result in a reminder via e-mail or phone and waiting for the payment (or/and confirmation of payment) for the number of calendar days determined in the reminder. After this term we hand the case over to the debt collection department and the costs for debt collection actions are incurred by a debtor (6.99% of net total of the overdue invoice).
- Complaints can be submitted in written form (via post or courier etc.) – the complaints should be sent on the following address:
ul. Nowogrodzka 50 lok.515,
The address for formal and accounting purposes:
Nowawieś Chełmińska 7a
RULES FOR WRITTEN TRANSLATION:
I. General Provisions
- TRANSLAX Translation Office provides the services according to the highest standards and practices generally accepted on the translation market.
- TRANSLAX provides translation services in accordance with the terms specified in “Commercial conditions” and “Price offer”.
- Any matters not regulated in the relevant documents shall be governed by the generally binding provisions of law.
I. Regulations of placing order
- On the basis of the materials provided by the client, TRANSLAX prepares an individual costing.
- Before TRANSLAX starts working on the project, the client is obliged to submit signed costing which is the condition of starting any further works.
- By signing the costing, the client confirms acknowledgement and acceptance of the conditions: “Commercial conditions”.
III. The conditions of providing translation
- A standard page of a non-certified translation comprises 250 words or 1800 characters with spaces. In accordance with the act, one page of a certified translation comprises 1125 characters with spaces of the translated text rounded up to the full page.
- The minimum accounting rate is one page.
- The lead time does not include the day of receiving and forwarding the translation, as well as Sundays and holidays.
- A translation realised on the day of receiving the text and a translation on the next day is considered as an express translation.
- Deadline for finishing the project is counted starting with the next day after TRANSLAX receives an individual costing signed by the client.
- Finished translations shall be sent via internet. On your request they shall be ready for collection in the TRANSLAX office on a specified day.
- There is a possibility to deliver translation via courier according to the selected (suggested by TRANSLAX) carrier’s price list.
- The document given to the Client includes additionally (on request) a printout (1 copy) and an electronic medium containing finished translation.
- In the event of sending a translation via fax, e-mail or courier, we do not take responsibility for any delays resulting from telecommunication noise or for the courier’s delivery time.
- All persons who are appointed by TRANSLAX to do a translation sign an obligation of secrecy regarding the contents of translated texts, statements, materials and information. Upon Client’s request, the content of confidentiality agreement shall be made available.
- TRANSLAX may realise the order on different conditions than the ones specified in “Commercial conditions”. Establishing separate conditions takes place in a written form, in a separate contract.
- If the files delivered by the Client include more pages for translation than there were specified and accepted by the Client in the primary Offer, additional files shall be subjected to separate costing and estimation.
- TRANSLAX reserves the right to refuse to fulfil the order (providing the reasons).
IV. The conditions of providing certified translation
- The rules for providing certified translation services are regulated by the ordinance of the Minister of Justice. At present, a page of such a translation comprises 1125 characters.
- A finished certified translation (1 copy) is left for collection in a written form in TRANSLAX office (upon the Client’s request we can send a scan) or it is sent to the Client by registered letter (priority letter) at the translation cost or via courier for an additional cost according to the carrier’s price list. For next copies of translation an additional payment is collected in the amount of 100% of the translation price.
- Different conditions for providing translations apply in certified translations.
V. Other provisions
- In case of express translations or bulk orders placed by new Clients, there might be established additional detailed conditions regarding carrying out individual work and payment (down payment/advance payment).
- The following conditions regard the so-called “raw translations” which need to be revised and edited before using.
- Before making payment, Client is obliged to check if the translation is consistent with the materials provided to TRANSLAX prior to making them available to the third parties. Using the translation – in any way (e.g. implementation, publication, etc.) – before making payment shall be considered as Clients’ acceptance of the translation without any reservations.
- The Client gains copyrights regarding the translation directly after paying the whole amount on the basis of the invoice issued by TRANSLAX.
- Any claims regarding services provided by TRANSLAX shall be settled by TRANSLAX without additional payment as soon as they are put forward within two weeks since receiving the work by the Client. Submitting a claim does not affect the deadline for payment. Claims made after this term shall be settled by TRANSLAX according to the price rates amounting to 50% of the rate of the given service.
- Claims regarding written translation with flaws as defined by the Civil Code shall be corrected without any extra payment within one year since delivering finished translation to the Client.
- The amount of compensation for any damages regarding realisation of the Order by TRANSLAX is limited to the amount of net remuneration (without VAT) for TRANSLAX for the realisation of this Order.
- TRANSLAX always has a third party insurance policy (OC) for translation offices for the amount of PLN 1 000 000. A scan of the policy shall be made available upon Client’s request.
- TRANSLAX is not liable for damages regarding translations realised as the express translations. Client putting an Order for an express translation accepts the risk of flaws which may appear in such translations. Notwithstanding the liability for damages, once the mistakes are reported, TRANSLAX is obliged to correct them immediately in accordance with the point 6.
VI. Rules for remuneration payment and covering costs
- Client is obliged to pay for the service within 7 days since the date of receiving the invoice or in accordance with the individual arrangements.
- Prices for a given service present in the offers include value added tax (VAT). If VAT is not charged in the offer, it will be added in the amount of 23%.
- If the Client holds the realisation of a translation, he/she is obliged to pay TRANSLAX a remuneration for the actual work if there is more than 50% of translation realised. If the Client cancels translation before TRANSLAX realises most of the translation, the Client is obliged to pay 50% of the price determined in the costing. The Client is not charged if he/she cancels the translation within 60 minutes since delivering signed costing.
- Transfer details: TRANSLAX, account number: 28 1140 2004 0000 3102 6729 3980 (mBank) or http://translax.eu/metody-platnosci/.
VII. Change of regulations concerning Principles of Cooperation
- TRANSLAX reserves the right to make changes to “Trade terms”. The Client shall be informed about the changes by letter, fax or e-mail. The changes shall also be available on the form of quotation.
- If the Client places an Order or signs quotation after receiving the changes, it shall be considered as accepting the new cooperation terms.
- Trade terms are generally available and the changes enter into force immediately after the introduction however they do not have retroactive effect.
Any changes introduced do not influence the basic rule: TRANSLAX does not sell or make available to third parties any personal or address details of the Clients/Users of TRANSLAX websites.
During using our websites you may be asked to give us some of your personal data by filling in the form or in another way. Data for which you can be asked for is, in majority of cases, your first name and e-mail address. Filling in the form, you will be asked for providing full personal data.
We require only this data which is necessary for the proper website operation. If you do not provide the data, the activity which required them shall be blocked.
SUBSCRIPTION TO FREE E-MAGAZINES – MAILING
Subscribing TRANSLAX’S free e-magazines requires providing your first name and e-mail address on the proper form or granting your consent in other written form (e.g. e-mail message). These fields are required.
The data obtained in such a way is added to the mailing list. The e-mail address is necessary to send e-mail message to the given reader.
ORDERING SERVICES AND PRODUCTS
Ordering the services and products offered by TRANSLAX requires providing more detailed address data on the appropriate form. The required fields are indicated.
By the term “unannounced messages”, TRANSLAX means information directly concerning the company’s websites, mailings, services and products (e.g. changes, internal promotions), non-commercial letters (e.g. wishes, personal comments etc.) as well as commercial information the distribution of which was paid by TRANSLAX clients.
Entities commissioning commercial mailings do not have access to contact data of persons included in address lists of TRANSLAX.
Commercial information is filtered to the extent possible, its volume is limited and it is circulated sporadically.
Cookies are harmless for your computer, you and your data.
The cookies shall not work unless the browser accepts them and refrains from deleting them from your computer.
Should you have any questions, send a message to: email@example.com.
TRANSLAX and the editorial board of other websites owned by TRANSLAX do not assume responsibility for the advertisements published. The Client should be careful while responding to the advertisement, or for example, while transferring money. Although we pay considerable attention to provide for reliability of the advertisers who publish their advertisements on the websites, we are not able to assume responsibility for their deeds. The address data and details of an offer of each advertiser may be acknowledged as reliable only upon their publication. You can find sales regulations onhttp://regulamin.translax.eu.
By contacting with TRANSLAX via e-mail or leaving your e-mail address during chat with an operator, you agree on sending our offer on your e-mail address. This consent is indispensable for us to send you for example a quotation which you have ordered. You have the right to view, correct and delete your data, thus e-mail messages with a disposition regarding such actions shall not be considered as the agreement.
Once you give us your texts to translate, you also entrust us priceless information concerning strategies, new products or business plans. Translax Translation Office realises how much trust you put in us, thus we guarantee the best data protection and confidentiality.
Information included in the materials are covered by professional secrecy and we do not make them available to the unauthorised persons.
We ensure data security and confidentiality of information by:
- applying modern solutions and IT security systems,
- archiving translations,
- staff training within the scope of safety and document safe storage,
- confidentiality clause – translators and the rest of our employees are obliged, under the pain of contractual penalties, to keep confidential all information provided by the Client as well as the information concerning services delivered to the Client.
- observance of the procedures, which are intended for personal data and business secret protection.
Data and information security is our priority at every stage of project realisation.